You can do this by sending personal RSVPs or personal Invitations.
RSVPs automatically include 2 buttons ( "I will attend", "I will not attend").
Invitations automatically include 1 button ("Register").
How to do the setup
- First, create free (or special price) ticket type(s) at Setup > Ticket Types. You can name it as you wish (Invitation, Free Admission, etc.)
To hide this free / special price ticket type from the tickets table displayed on your event page, uncheck the "Enabled" check-box for this ticket type.
- Set the fields that the guests need to fill-in, at Setup > Ticket Forms.
- Optionally, customize the e-ticket (PDF), wallet ticket, badge, certificate for this ticket type. To do this, go to Setup > CUSTOMIZE and select the corresponding menu choice.
- Then, customize the RSVP or Invitation e-mail template, at Setup > E-mail templates.
You can customize or create multiple RSVP templates if you need so.
Give a name to your template so that you can easily identify it by name.
How to send an RSVP to a single recipient
- On the Event menu, select Invite > (SEND) RSVP.
- At the pop-up window, select the template you want to use, and click Next.
- Make sure that "Send by email" checkbox is checked, and select the quantity from the specific ticket type (usually 1, to send 1 ticket). Click Next.
- Enter the name, surname and e-mail of your recipient. You can leave the other fields blank.
- It's ready! To send it Click Create RSVP
How to send RSVPs to multiple recipients
You do this by uploading an Excel file with the recipients info.
- On the Event menu, select Invite > (MASSIVE SEND) Send RSVPs.
- Follow the steps to download the Excel template, upload the Excel file, select ticket type, select email template.
- Click Create. Personalised RSVPs will be sent to each recipient (this might take a while, depending on the size of your list).