Set up badge templates
To design your badges template select Setup > CUSTOMIZE Badges.
You can have different badge template for different ticket types.
- Choose the ticket type
- Choose the badge page size
- Use the HTML online editor to set the badge design. Or, you can create your badge design using an HTML editor of your choice, and then paste the HTML source code to the online editor (select Tools > Source Code at the online editor menu)
- To insert attendee info and other dynamic info, select Insert Dynamic Text at the online editor menu. For example, choose Ticket QR Code to insert the QR code to the badge.
- Click Save to save your changes
Repeat steps 1-5 to set the template for each ticket type. Or, click on COPY THIS TEMPLATE TO ALL BADGES to use the same badge template for all ticket types.
Pre-print all badges
To generate a PDF with the badges, go to Reports > Print Badges & Certificates
Select the ticket type to generate a PDF with all badges of the selected ticket type.
The generated PDF includes the badges of the selected ticket type, one badge per page, alphabetically sorted by surname. You can print this PDF using your printer, or send it to a specialized print service company.
You can also print badges from specific dates.
For example, if you would like to print badges for orders created since May 23, 2017, select the ticket type to generate a PDF as usual and then just type "&fromdate=20170523" at the end of the url.
You can print each badge onsite.
At the Event Day > Check-in, click on the PDF icon to print each badge.
This method is great for on-site registrations or late registrations.
If your event is big and you choose to print badges on-site, we advise to use a fast printer (or multiple fast printers) to make sure that there will be no delays in the check-in process.
Send Badges to attendees (print at home)
Alternatively, you can send an email that includes the unique link to each attendee so that he can print his own badge.
- Go to Invite > CONTACT Send email to attendees
- Select the recipients of this message. Select "all" to send to all attendees or "checked in" to send to all checked in attendees.
- Select registration type. Select "all" to send to all attendees or select a specific registration type.
- Compose an email message. At the HTML editor menu, click on Insert Dynamic text and select Send Badge Link. By clicking on this link, each attendee will be able to download and print a PDF with his own badge.
- Click "Send emails" to send the personal email messages that includes the link for each recipient to download and print his badge.
We will be glad to provide any help on setting up the design and template for your badges.